Getting to Kefalonia
Below we list the most common ways that people use to come to Kefalonia. If you want to use another way, let us know and we will provide you with more info.
Flying to Kefalonia
You can fly either directly to Kefalonia or through Athens. Direct flights operate mainly during the touristic season, April to October.
Below is a list of companies that fly directly to Kefalonia:
throughout the year flights from Athens to Kefalonia
flights from Corfu and Zakynthos to Kefalonia
You can also search for flights in the following sites:
Bus from Athens
If you are coming from Athens, bus is another option. When you buy the bus ticket to Kefalonia, the ferry ticket is included (so, you shouldn't be concerned about ferry ticket, which port the ferry goes from/to
, etc). The bus gets into the ferry and when it arrives to Kefalonia, it continues to Argostoli, the island capital. The trip takes around 7 hours.
If you decide to take the bus/ferry option, let us know, so we can help you with the reservation.
Ferry from other Greek ports
If you use another transportation means and you just need a ferry to Kefalonia then there are various options. Coming from Athens, only the first 2 options are relevant.
1) Ferry from Patras to Sami (east Kefalonia - 35min drive to Argostoli, 50min to our base). It takes 3 hours and is operated by:
2) Ferry from Killini to Poros (southeast Kefalonia - 50min drive to Argostoli, 35min to our base). It takes 1h 30min and is operated by:
3) Ferry from Zakynthos to Pesada (south Kefalonia - 15min drive to Argostoli, 10min to our base). It takes around 1h 20min. Info in the below link:
Kefalonia - Zakynthos ferry
4) Ferry from Lefkada to Fiskardo (north Kefalonia, 1h 15min from Argostoli, 1h 30min from our base). It takes around 1h 30min.
5) Ferry from Astakos (mainland) to Sami (east Kefalonia - 35min drive to Argostoli, 50min to our base). It takes around 3 hours.
Information about the last two options above as well as all greek ferry connections and many more you can find at:
Greek Travel Pages
Ferry from Italy
top of page